1. Spaghetti and Marinara sauce: Marinara sauce (homemade, or sugar-free version in jar), whole wheat pasta (or gluten-free pasta). Boil noodles, simmer sauce, and serve alongside a garden salad with olive oil vinegar dressing. (See recipe for homemade marinara).
2. Sauteed Spinach: Fresh baby spinach, chopped garlic, olive oil. Saute garlic in olive oil first in skillet on medium heat, then add baby spinach. Saute until spinach is just wilted. Take off heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with baked apples and brown rice.
3. Roasted Ginger Carrots: Organic whole carrots, fresh ginger (or ground ginger), olive oil (or coconut oil), pinch of salt, pinch of nutmeg. Mix sliced carrots, ginger, salt, nutmeg, and olive oil together. Roast in oven on 375 until tender and roasted, about 30 minutes. Serve.
4. Oatmeal: Rolled oats, raisins, coconut milk (rice, or almond), cinnamon, vanilla flavor, Earth Balance. Make oatmeal as instructed on box, with equal parts water and coconut milk. Add raisins and cinnamon. Cook until creamy. Season with Earth Balance butter. *Add a little vanilla flavor while cooking, if desired.
5. Stuffed broccoli baked potatoes: Bake potatoes on 400 degrees for about an hour, or until done. Steam broccoli, drain, and toss with 1 tbspn Earth Balance butter and seasonings of your choice (I like garlic powder, salt, and pepper). Slit open baked potatoe, add a dollop of Earth Balance butter, and stuff broccoli on top. Serve.
6. Baked sweet potatoes: Sweet potatoes, Earth Balance, cinnamon. Bake sweet potatoes on 400 degrees until done. Slit open and add Earth Balance butter and cinnamon sprinkled on top. Great served with vegetarian greens (see my recipe).
7. Grilled Vegetable Skewers: Zuchinni, squash, mushrooms, assorted peppers, onions, pineapple. Cut in chunks and toss in balsamic or red wine vinegar, olive oil, and herb salt mixed together. Put on wooden skewers and grill on gas or charcoal grill. Serve over brown rice.