I hope you enjoy experimenting with some of the new recipes listed on this blog. As your tastebuds adjust to eating fresh whole food dishes, you will come up with your own recipes. Here are a few substitutions to keep in the forefront of your mind in any recipe you click on.
1. Butter. Substitute with Earth Balance original (NOT Smart Balance). Earth Balance is vegan butter and is delicious! You can find it at most grocery stores, especially Publix in the butter section. It comes in a small tub.
2. Rice or orzo. Substitute Brown Rice.
3. Pasta. Substitute with whole wheat pasta varieties.
4. Chicken stock. Substitute with Kitchen Basics unsalted vegetable stock, or any variety of vegetable stock or broth you prefer. I like their brand of stock because it is dark, rich, and gives a good seasoned homemade stock taste to food.
5. Leave off any bread, meat, or cheese in a recipe that calls for it. You will not miss it, and your vegetarian dishes will still taste delicious without them.
6. Dairy milk. Use unsweetened coconut milk, almond milk, or soy milk. I love So Delicious, Blue Diamond, and Silk brands respectively.
7. Leave off sugar or maple syrup in recipes calling for it. You will get your sweetness naturally from fruits like raisins, apples, bananas, pineapples, dried fruit, etc. Take advantage of it!
I pray much success to your journey on the Daniel Fast the next 21 days, and I know you will reap not only spiritual, but also health rewards…He wishes ABOVE ALL THINGS that you prosper in both. Blessings to you, and if you have any questions or comments, feel free to do so on this daily blog. Updates in recipes and daily blogging statuses will continue daily 🙂